Network+ course serves as a general introduction to computer networking including local and wide area network technology. This course prepares you for the CompTIA Network+ Certification Examination.
Network+ Training Logo To become Network+ certified, you have to pass one exam: N10-005 Network+ Exam offered by CompTIA (Computer Technology Industry Association).
Network+ covers the areas of network architecture, topologies, protocols especially TCP/IP, network operating systems, network installation, upgrading, troubleshooting, managing user accounts and passwords, network securities, remote access and administration, and fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
|Timing||6:30 pm -10:30 pm|
|Timing||9:00am to 2:00pm|
|Duration||35 hours (6 weeks)|
Who should Attend
Those who are exposed to the networking industry and excel in their career.
- Network Components
- OSI model
- TCP/IP model
Cabling and Network Interface Card
- Cabling - UTP, STP, Coaxial, Fiber-optic, Wireless
- Network Interface Card
- Hub, Repeater, Bridge, Switch, Router, Brouter and Gateway
Networking Protocols and OSI Model
- NetBEUI, IPX/SPX, TCP/IP
- OSI Model – 7 Layers
- IEEE 802 Standard, NDIS, ODI
- Subnetting and Routing
- Name Resolution
- Commands and Utilities
- HTTP, FTP, Telnet, SMTP, POP3 Protocols Ports
- Firewalls, Proxy Servers, VPN, VLAN
RAS, WAN and NetBIOS Naming Scheme
- RAS - Modem, Connections, Software, Protocols and Securities.
- WAN Links, WAN Technologies.
- NetBIOS Naming Scheme
Network Problem Prevention and Troubleshooting
- Account and Security Management
- Disaster Prevention: Backup, UPS and RAID
- Monitoring and diagnosing Networks
You will complete all your labs at Cisnet Labs.